Countless German households can no longer do without Amazon Echo and Alexa. Nevertheless, many miss several special possibilities that loudspeakers and voice assistants offer. Trying out the following tips can be worthwhile.
Amazon Echo: Now do that with Alexa
How detailed have you already dealt with your Amazon Echo? The device offers a wide range of optimization options. For example, there are Echo settings that you should change. Conversely, you should test the following three for this.
1. Sync your personal accounts
If you are not the only member of your household, different Alexa profiles are worthwhile. You can find all the information you need about Alexa profiles on the relevant Amazon support page. For example, you can create your voice ID for your Amazon Echo.
2. Create an interactive to-do list
It is very practical that you no longer have to create your to-do or shopping list in writing. With Amazon Echo, you can collect what you might want to buy at the weekend or what you still have to do all week long.
All you need are a few simple voice commands. In total, you can save a maximum of one hundred entries, each with up to one hundred characters, per list.
- Create a to-do list by saying “Alexa, add [label] as a task.”
- Create a shopping list: “Alexa, add [items] to my list.”
- If you would like to query or view your lists, this can also be done in different ways.
- current tasks can be checked by asking: “Alexa, what are the tasks on my list?”
- Shopping list: “Alexa, what’s on my list?”
In turn, you can use the Alexa app to view the compiled collections and edit them individually.
3. Activate attention mode
If you want to use Amazon’s Echo for more complex questions, you can use attention mode. This allows you to ask follow-up questions and tease out even more information from Alexa. Another advantage: You no longer have to use the activation word for every question.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Devices > Echo & Alexa > Select the desired Echo product to receive Awareness Mode.
- Open the device settings (gear icon).
- Select the sub-item “Awareness” and switch it on.
In conclusion, Amazon Echo and Alexa offer a plethora of features that can revolutionize your daily life. By syncing your personal accounts, creating an interactive to-do list, and activating attention mode, you can optimize your experience with the device. So, try out these tips and make the most out of your Amazon Echo!